March 13, 2020
Dear Valued JFS Care at Home Care Partner:
With the continuing concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus), we take your health and well-being seriously. We want you, your family and your clients to be prepared in the event illness occurs.
Please continue and expand everyday precautions, monitor your health (and your clients’ health) and contact Care at Home AND your doctor right away if you are feeling ill.
As we continue our essential work for so many who depend on our support, we should be mindful that our clients are of a high-risk population. This means that your precautions should be expanded, such as avoiding crowded locations. Communities such as nursing homes have also implemented restricted visitation. As a care provider, you will be able to continue to work but may be “screened” when entering a senior facility.
Here are some key points and precautions for you and your clients:
- If your client is ill, please contact us immediately to discuss expanded precautions, such as wearing a mask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, or having been in a public place.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Wash your hands when you enter your client’s home, and before and after any care. USE GLOVES WHEN PROVIDING ANY PERSONAL CARE.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (for example: tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks & cell phones). Let us know if you have concerns about cleanliness in your client’s home.
- IF YOU ARE FEELING ILL, stay home and call your doctor.
- CALL THE OFFICE as soon as you know you cannot work so we can plan for your client’s care.
We are here for you when you need us…. do not hesitate to call!
Patricia Kiely, Director